Attention Rural Landholders – Litchfield residents ONLY within NTFRS Emergency Response Areas
Permits to Burn will be available to rural landholders from 9am Thursday 19 November 2020.
Contact your local Fire Station or Volunteer Fire Brigade for issuing of permits to burn.
Strict conditions relate to permits to burn and infringements will be issued for non-compliant burns.
- garden green waste only, no building or house hold waste allowed
- burn piles to be no larger than 5m x 5m and have cleared 4 metre wide fire breaks on all sides
- the property must comply with fire and emergency regulation 3 – Firebreaks
- the permitted burn must be monitored by a competent person over the age of 18 at all times until extinguished
- neighbours must be notified at least 48 hours before commencing a permit to burn and NTFRS notified prior to ignition and at completion of burn
- each site should have sufficient resources to extinguish the fire if required
The Northern Territory Fire and Rescue Service encourage all landholders to consider alternatives to burning wherever possible
Fire Stations and Volunteer Fire Brigade Contact Telephone Numbers
Berrimah Fire Station …… 8946 4142
Marrara Fire Station ….. 8995 5222
Palmerston Fire Station …… 8932 1100
Humpty Doo Fire Station ….. 8988 0296
Volunteer Fire Brigades (After hours only)
Howard Springs ….. 8983 2999
Humpty Doo …… 8988 4333
Koolpinyah – Herbert …… 8988 5023
Virginia – Bees Creek ……. 8988 2453 or 8988 9902
Failure to adhere to the terms and conditions of a permit may result in an infringement up to the value of $628.00 + $40.00 levy.