Brisbane City Council wishes to advise aerial mosquito treatments will be undertaken on Friday 8 February following recent rain.
Aerial treatments will be undertaken by helicopter, commencing at 7am at Tinchi Tamba Wetlands and covering areas around Bald Hills, Brighton, Boondall, Brisbane Airport, Pinkenba, Fisherman and Whyte Islands, Hemmant and along Bulimba Creek, Tingalpa and Mud, St Helena and Green Islands.
You can protect yourself from mosquitoes by:
- limiting your time outdoors around dawn and dusk;
- using repellents containing either Picaridin or DEET;
- wearing loose fitting, light coloured protective clothing when outdoors;
- screening doors and windows or using mosquito nets or air-conditioning;
- using mosquito coils and lanterns.