Brisbane City Council wishes to advise an aerial mosquito treatment will be carried out on Monday 22 April and may extend into Tuesday 23 April.
Aerial treatments will be undertaken by helicopter, commencing at about 7:00am at Tinchi Tamba Wetlands and cover areas around Bald Hills, Brighton, Boondall, Brisbane Airport, Pinkenba, Fisherman and Whyte Islands, Hemmant and along Bulimba Creek and Mud, St Helena and Green Islands.
You can protect yourself from mosquitoes by:
- limiting your time outdoors around dawn and dusk;
- using repellents containing either Picaridin or DEET;
- wearing loose fitting, light coloured protective clothing when outdoors;
- screening doors and windows or using mosquito nets or air-conditioning;
- using mosquito coils and lanterns.