Brisbane City Council advises that an aerial mosquito treatment will be undertaken on Friday 24 May.
The aerial mosquito treatment will be undertaken by helicopters, commencing at about 7am at Tinchi Tamba Wetlands and will cover areas around Bald Hills, Brighton, Boondall, the Airport, Pinkenba, Fisherman and Whyte Islands, Hemmant and along Bulimba Creek.
You can protect yourself from mosquitoes by:
• limiting your time outdoors around dawn and dusk
• applying mosquito repellents regularly
• wearing loose fitting, light coloured protective clothing when outdoors
• screening doors and windows or using mosquito nets or air-conditioning
• using mosquito coils and lanterns.