Detectives from the Melbourne Crime Investigation Unit have charged a man as part of their investigation into an incident in the Melbourne CBD last week.
It is alleged a vehicle was driven along the Bourke Street Mall following an attempted intercept just before 5pm on 28 January.
A 20-year-old man has been arrested at an address in Ballarat this afternoon.
He has been interviewed by detectives and charged with:
• Reckless conduct endangering life
• Reckless conduct endangering serious injury
• Fail to stop on police request
• Reckless exposure of a police officer to risk by driving
• Contravene a conduct condition of bail
• Commit indictable offence whilst on bail
• Drive in a manner dangerous
• Drive whilst disqualified
• Careless driving
• Dangerous driving while being pursued by police
• Drive vehicle causing loss of traction
The Ballarat man has been remanded to appear at Melbourne Magistrates Court on 5 February.