A man will appear in court today, charged following a siege in Auburn.
About 4.50pm yesterday (Friday 24 March 2023), emergency services were called to Happ Street, Auburn, following a concern for welfare report.
On arrival, officers attached to Auburn Police Area Command were told a man had barricaded himself inside a home, allegedly armed with a knife.
A 30-year-old woman was also believed to be inside at the time.
Police established a perimeter – and with assistance from officers attached to the Public Order and Riot Squad, Tactical Operations Unit, as well as police negotiators – a 29-year-old man was arrested about 8pm.
The woman was uninjured.
The man was taken to Concord Hospital for treatment to his shoulder, before being taken to Burwood Police Station where he was charged with seven offences including:
– Contravene prohibition/restriction in AVO (Domestic),
– Possess prohibited drug,
– Two counts of intimidate police officer in execution of duty without actual bodily harm,
– Take/detain person with intent to obtain advantage (DV),
– Use etc offensive weapon to prevent lawful detention etc, and
– Aggravated break and enter & commit serious indict offence-deprive liberty.
He was refused bail to appear in Burwood Local Court today (Saturday 25 March 2023).