Armed Crime Squad detectives have charged a man following a police shooting in Tullamarine on 7 February.
The 36-year-old Ararat man was charged on Saturday with:
• aggravated intentional exposure of police officer to risk by driving (x4)
• aggravated reckless exposure of police officer to risk by driving (x4)
• reckless conduct endangering life (x1)
• reckless conduct endangering serious injury (x1)
• criminal damage (x2)
• theft of motor vehicle (x1)
• handle stolen goods (x1)
He was remanded and will appear at Melbourne Magistrate’s Court tomorrow.
The charges related to an incident on Mickleham Road on Friday, 7 February, where the man allegedly rammed two police vehicles before one officer discharged his firearm just after midnight.
The man sustained non-life-threatening injuries and was taken to hospital for treatment.
A 36-year-old Stawell woman who was also arrested at the time, was subsequently released from custody pending further enquiries.
Professional Standards Command will continue to oversee the investigation, as per protocol when any police firearm is discharged.