A man will face court today charged with 17 offences relating to serious historical domestic-related assaults.
Earlier this year, detectives from Quakers Hill Area Command commenced and investigation following reports a woman had been assaulted throughout her relationship by her former partner.
Following extensive inquiries, a 29-year-old man was arrested at a correctional facility at Silverwater yesterday (Tuesday 10 March 2020).
He was charged with 17 offences, including:
- three counts of common assault (DV),
- use weapon with intent to commit an indictable offence,
- two counts of aggravated sexual assault – threat to inflict actual bodily harm victim with weapon,
- eight counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm (DV),
- two counts of stalk/intimidate intend fear physical arm (DV), and
- intentionally choke person with recklessness.
Police will allege in court that the man was violent, intimidating and threatening during the course of the relationship between 2017 and 2019.
The Lalor Park man was refused bail to appear at Burwood Local Court later today (Wednesday 11 March 2020).