A man has been charged with multiple firearm-related offences following an investigation into the importation of prohibited weapons in the state’s Orana Region.
In March 2021, officers attached to the Western Region Enforcement Squad commenced an investigation into the importation of prohibited weapons and firearm parts to an address in Narromine.
During the investigation, police and members of the Australian Border Force, intercepted and seized parcels containing .22 calibre pistol magazines and a firearm silencer.
Police will allege the parcels were addressed to a home in Narromine.
About 9.15am yesterday (Wednesday 14 April 2021, police executed a search warrant at a caravan park at Narromine.
During the search, police located and seized numerous airsoft pistols, airsoft military style weapons, ammunition, expandable steel batons, flick knives and prohibited drugs.
The occupant, a 53-year-old man, was arrested and taken to Dubbo Police Station where he was charged with the following 11 offences:
- Import prohibited imports
- Acquire prohibited firearm part without authority (two counts)
- Possess more than three unregistered firearms, one is prohibited pistol
- Possess unauthorised prohibited firearm
- Acquire prohibited firearm
- Possess ammunition without holding license/ permit
- Possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit (three counts), and;
- Possess prohibited drug
The man appeared at Dubbo Local Court today (Thursday 15 April 2021) where he was granted conditional bail to reappear before the same court on Thursday 10 June 2021.