A man has been charged after weapons and drugs were allegedly located at a home in Dapto yesterday.
About 11.30am yesterday (Wednesday 20 May 2020), officers from Lake Illawarra Police District attended a home in Dapto to serve a Firearm and Weapons Prohibition Order.
During a subsequent search of the property, police allegedly located and seized two imitation firearms, a shortened rifle, semi-automatic pistol, ammunition, shotgun cartridges, knuckle dusters, steroids, ‘ice’ and an unknown crystal substance.
Following extensive inquiries, a 33-year-old man was arrested and taken to Lake Illawarra Police Station, where he was charged with:
– Possess unauthorised pistol (x3),
– Possess shortened firearm without authority,
– Possess a barrel without authority of licence,
– Not keep firearm safely,
– Possess ammunition without holding licence/permit,
– Possess or use a prohibited weapon without permission,
– Possess prohibited drug (x 2).
He was refused bail and is due to face Wollongong Local Court today (Thursday 21 May 2020).
Inquiries are continuing.