Armed Crime Squad detectives have charged two men today as part of their investigation into a non-fatal shooting in Melton in 2018.
Police arrested the men at properties in Manor Lakes and Hoppers Crossing this morning.
A 31-year-old Hoppers Crossing man and a 33-year-old Manor Lakes man have each been charged with;
• Intentionally cause serious injury in circumstances of gross violence;
• Recklessly cause serious injury in circumstances of gross violence;
• Intentionally cause serious injury;
• Recklessly cause serious injury;
• Reckless conduct endangering life;
• Reckless conduct endangering persons;
• Prohibited person possess firearm;
• Use firearm in populous place; and
• Commit indictable offence whilst on bail.
They will appear at Melbourne Magistrates’ Court shortly.
The charges follow an alleged incident on 30 November, 2018 where a man was shot as he drove along Linlithgow Way.
The victim was taken to hospital and sustained injuries that he still requires regular treatment for.