Maribyrnong Crime Investigation Unit is investigating a theft and subsequent deceptions in Maidstone in June, Victoria Police say.
Investigators have been told a 26-year-old female victim parked her Hyundai Excel on Scovell Crescent, Maidstone, and left her vehicle unattended for approximately 30 minutes.
Upon returning she discovered that car had been broken into and a black back pack containing various bank cards had been taken.
On the same day the victim’s cards were used at the following locations:
• At 12.11pm at a Maidstone supermarket;
• At 8.23pm at a Footscray supermarket;
• At 8.33pm and 8.59pm at a Footscray liquor store;
• At 8.57pm at a Footscray variety store;
• At 9.16pm at a Brooklyn South petrol station;
• At 9.50pm at a Hoppers Crossing supermarket.
Investigators have released CCTV images of three people they believe may be able to assist with their enquiries.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers.