Clandestine Laboratory Squad detectives have charged a man following the execution of several search warrants in Melbourne’s south east yesterday.
The 27-year-old Cranbourne man has been charged with:
• Traffick drug of dependence (LSD and MDMA);
• Possess materials/substance/equipment with intent, purpose of trafficking drug or dependence x2;
• Possess pill press (without authorisation/licence) x 2;
• Possess trafficable quantity of firearms (not registered);
• Possess/carry category E handgun (not registered);
• Possess/carry general category handgun (not registered) (x6);
• Possess/carry category E longarm (not registered);
• Possess/carry category C & D longarm (not registered) x 3;
• Possess/carry category a & B longarm (not registered) x 2;
• Store gelignite without an appropriate approval;
• Did dishonestly undertake retention of goods knowing to be stolen (police uniform);
• Possess 35 sets of body armour without exemption;
• Possess prohibited weapon namely CED (Taser); and
• Possess prescribed precursor chemical
He will appear at Melbourne Magistrates’ Court today.
A number of drugs, pre-cursor chemicals, firearms and explosives were located at the addresses and forensic officers are continuing to examine a number of scenes.