Southern Metro Region Crime Team detectives have charged a man in relation to a series of incidents across Melbourne this week.
A 18-year-old Shepparton man has been charged with:
• 3 counts of aggravated home invasion;
• 3 counts of false imprisonment;
• 3 counts of theft;
• 5 counts of theft of motor vehicle;
• aggravated carjacking;
• 2 counts of recklessly cause injury; and
• assault in company.
He will appear at Dandenong Magistrates’ court shortly.
A 16-year-old boy from Broadmeadows and a 20-year-old Beveridge man have been released pending intent to summons.
The alleged incidents include:
• An aggravated burglary on Pasadena Crescent, Bentleigh East about 8.40pm on 26 May;
• An aggravated carjacking in Anderson Street, Port Melbourne about 9pm on May 26;
• An aggravated burglary on Ivy Close, Derrimut about 12.10am on 27 May; and
• An aggravated burglary in Avoca Avenue, Mernda about 4am on 28 May.
Southern Metro Crime Team detectives have arrested six people in relation to these matters, no one else is outstanding.
Police would like to thank the media and the community for their assistance with this investigation.