A 16-year-old male has been arrested and charged in relation to multiple property offences committed across Alice Springs.
It will be alleged Detectives from the Regional Investigations Division received evidence of his involvement in nine unlawful entries in Alice Springs since October last year.
- An unlawful entry of a business on George Crescent where three vehicles were stolen on October 31, 2019. The youth was found in a stolen motor vehicle at a remote community north west of Alice Springs.
- An unlawful entry of a home in Kurrajong Drive where a number of items were stolen, on January 7 2020.
- An unlawful entry of a home on South Terrace where a number of items were stolen on January 17, 2020.
- The unlawful entry of a government building where a number of items were stolen on Wednesday January 22, 2020.
- The unlawful entry of two units on Telegraph Terrace and items stolen, on January 30, 2020.
- The unlawful entry of a unit on Ballingal Street where items were stolen, on February 13, 2020.
- The unlawful entry of a home on Heavitree Court where two push bikes and a scooter were stolen from the garage, on February 19, 2020.
- The unlawful entry of a building on Schwartz Crescent where a number of items were stolen, on February 20, 2020.
At 3:10 this morning, police located the youth in the Alice Springs CBD and he was arrested and charged with;
- 6 x Unlawful entry – Dwelling
- 2 x Unlawful entry – Building
- 1 x Attempted unlawful entry – Dwelling
- 5 x Damage to property
- 8 x Stealing
- 1 x Unlawful use of a motor vehicle
- 1 x Trespass.
He was refused Police Bail and is expected to appear before the Alice Springs Youth Justice Court at a later date.