King tides will be experienced in Cairns from tomorrow until next Friday (10 April), peaking on Tuesday (7 April).
Avoid parking cars in low-lying tidal areas and never drive through floodwaters.
Motorists are reminded that tidal flooding is saltwater, which can cause damage to cars that come in contact.
Motorists are urged to drive carefully and slowly, not only for the safety of road users and pedestrians, but to lessen the impact of bow waves, which can push water into adjacent properties.
Council advises that traffic controls and detours will be in place where roads are inundated by tidal floodwaters.
King tide levels for Cairns are expected at the following times (other areas may vary):
- 3.07m at 6.47am on Saturday 4 April
- 3.27m at 7.26am on Sunday 5 April
- 3.38m at 8.05am on Monday 6 April
- 3.39m at 8.41am on Tuesday 7 April
- 3.28m at 9.17am on Wednesday 8 April
- 3.06m at 9.52am on Thursday 9 April
- 2.74m at 10.30am on Friday 10 April