It’s not quite a slam dunk but Bayside basketballers are on guard for a proposed four court expansion of the Sandringham Family Leisure Centre in Tulip Street.
The expansion is proposed to be located on land reclaimed from Sandringham Golf Course. The project includes:
- a four indoor court extension
- unisex change rooms and toilets
- storage, reception, canteen and first aid room
- air circulation system throughout stadium
- improved access from adjacent road network
- modified programs outdoor half court
- additional car parking.
The new facilities will meet the current and future needs of basketball locally and enable the basketball association to expand its programs.
The total cost of the project is $10.88 million including a contribution from Sandringham Basketball Association.
Detailed design will be finalised in early 2021.
The Planning Permit application for the new basketball proposal will be advertised onsite in the next week.
You can view the advertised planning application here from 9 October 2020 or call Bayside Planning on 9599 4666.