Further Northern Beaches venues have been identified following the notification of 15 new cases of COVID-19 today.
As previously advised, this brings the Northern Beaches cluster to 17. The air crew van driver from southern Sydney who tested positive yesterday is not included in this cluster.
The source of these infections remains under investigation.
To assist with contact tracing and reducing the spread of the virus, people in the Northern Beaches have been asked to stay home as much as possible over the next three days.
This includes working from home where possible, not visiting aged care facilities or hospitals unless essential, avoiding unnecessary gatherings and high-risk venues such as clubs, restaurants, places or worships and gyms, and avoiding unnecessary travel outside of the Northern Beaches area.
We urge businesses to ensure full compliance with their COVID-Safe plans, including appropriate electronic recording of patrons’ contact details.
People who have visited the following Northern Beaches locations should get tested immediately and isolate until they receive a negative result, and until they have been contacted by NSW Health:
- Woolworths Mona Vale, 25/29 Park St, Mona Vale, 13 December, 12-12.30pm
- Aldi Mona Vale, 13 Bungan St, Mona Vale, 13 December, 12.45-1.30pm
- Avalon Beach Surf Life Saving Club, 13, 14 and 15 December, 9-9.30am
- Palm Beach Rockpool, LOT 1 Rock Bath Rd, Palm Beach, 14 December, 9:30-10:30am
- Woolworths Avalon, 74 Old Barrenjoey Rd, Avalon Beach, 14 December 5-5.30pm
- Chemist Warehouse, 4/74 Old Barrenjoey Rd, Avalon Beach, 14 December 5.20‑5.25pm
- Commonwealth Bank, 47 Avalon Parade, Avalon Beach, 15 December, 12-12.15pm
- Mitre 10, 49 Avalon Parade, Avalon Beach, 15 December, 12-12.20pm
- Roof Racks World, 13/87 Reserve Rd, Artarmon, 15 December, 2-2:30pm
- HongFa BBQ Restaurant, Dee Why, 15 December 4.30-4.45pm
- Dee Why Fruit Market, 33 Oaks Avenue, Dee Why, 15 December, 4.45-4.55pm
- North Avalon Cellars, 4/3 N Avalon Rd, Avalon Beach, 15 December, 6-6.05pm
- Careel Bay Dog Park and Hitchcock Park, Barrenjoey Rd, Avalon, 16 December 7‑7:30am
- Palm Beach Pool, LOT 1 Rock Bath Rd, Palm Beach, 16 December, 8am-9am
- Brot and Wurst, 1442 Pittwater Rd, North Narrabeen, 16 December, 2pm-2:05pm
- Avalon Beach Post Shop, 45 Avalon Parade, Avalon Beach, 16 December 3.30-3.50pm
A confirmed case also travelled between the following stations on 14 December at the following times. Other passengers are considered to be casual contacts, and should get tested and isolate until a negative result is received.
- Roseville to Redfern, 6.50-7.40am
- Redfern to Milsons Point, 11.20am-11.45am
- Milsons Point to Roseville, 3.15-3.40pm
Everyone should monitor for even the mildest of symptoms and come forward for testing immediately if they appear, then isolate until a negative result is received.
NSW Health has increased testing options for the Northern Beaches community through three new pop-up testing clinics operating from this afternoon.
They are available at:
- Avalon pop-up, Avalon Recreation Centre, 59 Old Barrenjoey Rd, Avalon. Open seven days, 8am to 10pm.
- Newport Pop up, Newport Community Centre, 11-13 The Boulevard, Newport. Open seven days, 8am to 10pm.
- Warringah Aquatic Centre Drive-through, 1 Aquatic Dr, Frenchs Forest. Open seven days a week, 8am to 10pm.
Please note, the pop-ups are operational until 10pm, but if needed they will continue past 10pm to continue providing testing to the community.
A new drive-through clinic will open at Avalon Bowling Club at 8am on Friday:
- Avalon Laverty drive-through pathology, Avalon Bowling Club Car Park, Avalon Parade, Avalon Beach NSW 2107. Open seven days, 8am to 4pm.
Other Northern Beaches testing centres are located at:
- Mona Vale Hospital, Gate 3 Coronation Street, Mona Vale. Open seven days 7.30am-5.30pm. Please note that staffing has been increased to assist with testing demand.
- Brookvale Community Health Centre, 612-624 Pittwater Road, Brookvale. Open seven days, 8am-6pm.
- Northern Beaches Hospital, 105 Frenchs Forest Road (West), Frenchs Forest, (rear of Emergency Department). Open seven days, 8am-5pm.
There are more than 300 COVID-19 testing locations across NSW, many of which are open seven days a week. To find your nearest clinic visit https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/how-to-protect-yourself-and-others/clinics or contact your GP.