On Friday, September 21, a number of Queensland Police Officers were recognised at the QBANK 2018 Everyday Heroes Awards event, Queensland Police say.
The QBANK Everyday Heroes Awards is designed to recognise those who have made an outstanding contribution to the Queensland community.
Over 170 people were nominated for a range of different awards and the QPS were proud to have twelve officers and one working unit recognised as QBANK 2018 finalists.
The following officers received finalists awards for their commitment to the Queensland community.
- Sergeant Damien Ahearn from Surfers Paradise was a finalist in the Achievement category;
- Senior Constable Colleen Smith from Gladstone was a finalist in the Dedication category;
- Sergeant Vince Lowe from Ferny Grove was a finalist in the Excellence category;
- Together, Senior Constable Matthew Grace from Burpengary and from Mackay Constable Kyle Bowden, Constable Nina Randall, Constable Ben Wood, Constable Shane Eggmolesse and Constable Pat Haughton were finalists in the Excellence category;
- Together, Constable Timothy Brown from Noosa Heads and Constable Lars Nesbitt from Coolum Beach were finalists for the Ownership category;
- Senior Constable Andrew Finall from Capella was a finalist in the Ownership category;
- The entire Ipswich Criminal Investigation Branch were finalists for the Working Together category.
Congratulations to all finalists and winners at the 2018 QBANK Everyday Heroes Awards.