The latest progress report by the Commission for Better Regulation has commended Earth Resources Regulation for its approach in implementing recommendations from the Getting the Groundwork Right report.
Prepared by Commissioner for Better Regulation, Anna Cronin, and drawing on insights from industry, the second progress report highlights improvements in the way the regulator engages with industry.
The Commissioner’s report identified that:
- a backlog in approvals has been significantly reduced
- as at 31 March, 100 per cent of work plans applications and variations met expected timeframes
- new guidelines for the preparation of work plans and variations provide clearer information
- the new notification approvals process has resulted in efficiencies, and
- the new Earth Resources website has significantly boosted the regulator’s communications.
The report also notes areas of continued focus, including the evaluation of new approvals processes, fit for purpose systems and regulatory reform.
Following the release of the Getting the Groundwork Right report in 2017, the Commission for Better Regulation has overseen the implementation of the report’s recommendations.
Read the latest progress review.