Dam Failure Emergency Warning message issued for Echunga and Road closures.
Dam Failure Emergency Warning message issued for Echunga
Full message text: https://data.eso.sa.gov.au/…/ses/sam/342_3_Echunga_Dam.html
A dam is failing in Echunga which will threaten you and your family’s safety.
What you should do:
* Follow your Emergency Plan now
* Prepare your family and home for flooding in your area
* Move items of value to a safe place
* If your plan is to leave, if you require time to leave or if you are not prepared, you should consider leaving now. Only leave if you are certain that the path is clear to a safer place.
* For SES assistance phone 132 500. If the matter is life-threatening call 000 (triple zero).
* Relocate to the home of family or friends outside the warning area or to the safer place at the Echunga Football Club
Impacts in your area:
* Be aware that floodwaters may rise rapidly and are likely to be fast moving.
* Do not let children play in or near floodwater and drains.
* Do not walk, ride or drive through floodwater.
* Check the SES website at www.ses.sa.gov.au
* Monitor local conditions and tune in to your local ABC on a battery-powered radio for updates
* Call the SA Emergency infoline on 1800 362 361
* People who are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment, can contact the SA Emergency infoline via the National Relay Service on 1800 555 727 (TTY users 1800 555 677)
* Follow the SES on Twitter (@SA_SES) or Facebook (SA State Emergency Service)
* For weather warnings and forecasts visit www.bom.gov.au
Message Name: Echunga_Dam
This message is valid from: 28/09/2022 05:25:00
The next update is expected by 28/09/2022 11:00:00, or as the situation changes.
DocumentID: 342 / 3
The following roads are closed please avoid the area
Aldgate-Strathalbyn Road at Echunga Road
Echunga Road at Aldgate-Strathalbyn Road
Battunga Road at Meadows Road
Strathalbyn at Sophia Street
Churchill Road at Old Mount Barker Rd
/Public Release. This material from the originating organization/author(s) may be of a point-in-time nature, edited for clarity, style and length. The views and opinions expressed are those of the author(s).View in full here.