Kays Lane, in the Russellton Estate, Wollongbar has been identified for reconstruction as part of Ballina Shire Council’s ongoing commitment to proactively improve its road infrastructure.
The reconstruction works commenced this week and continue until early July 2021. The works are expected to take approximately eight weeks to complete (weather and site conditions permitting).
The road reconstruction will be staged from Lot 12 (north of Russellton Drive) to Lot 35 (southern entry into Owen Crescent) and will be delivered in phases to limit disruption to businesses.
Ballina Shire Council has engaged CD Excavations to carry out these works.
The works, that includes replacing the road base and asphalt overlay, will accommodate the increased number of vehicles using Kays Lane due to additional businesses operating in the Russellton Estate.
- All businesses remain open as per normal operating hours.
- Council’s contractor will work directly with property occupiers to maintain customer and delivery access where possible. Alternative access points will be assessed as needed.
- Street parking will be reduced and at times unavailable. This will be necessary to maintain the travel lane during construction works. The speed limit will be reduced to 40kmph in construction zones.
- There may be traffic delays, however traffic control will provide access through the works.
- A full road closure will be necessary for the asphalt overlay, however these works will be carried out at night.
For further information on the Kays Lane reconstruction works and to receive project updates visit ballina.nsw.gov.au/KaysLane