We’ll be upgrading the pedestrian crossing on McLeans Road in Bundoora and reducing the road’s speed limit to 40km/h to improve safety.
What you can look forward to:
- Replacement of the existing pedestrian crossing with an at grade crossing
- Road resurfacing on McLeans Road between Nathan Court and Plenty Road
- Installation of flashing amber lights at the pedestrian crossing
- Extension of 40km/h speed limit on McLeans Road to Plenty Road
- 40km/h speed limit on Kerri Street and Nickson Street.
Works are expected to take about eight weeks and are due to begin in mid-February There may be some disruption to traffic flow on McLeans Road but access to local shops will remain unaffected during the works.
The project has received funding from the Federal Infrastructure Investment Blackspot Program.