Second man charged over Five Dock shooting murder

Homicide Squad detectives have charged a second man over his alleged role in the shooting murder of John Odisho in Sydney’s Inner West earlier this year.

Emergency services were called to a unit on East Street, Five Dock, about 3.45am on Tuesday 2 April 2019, after reports of shots fired.

Officers found two men, both aged 24, suffering gunshot wounds.

NSW Ambulance paramedics treated both men at the scene before taking them to hospital, where Mr Odisho – who suffered a gunshot wound to his head – later died.

The man who suffered a gunshot wound to his shoulder has since been released.

About 4am the same day, a third man, aged 28, presented to Auburn Hospital suffering a gunshot wound to his stomach.

Detectives from the State Crime Command’s Homicide Squad and Burwood Police Area Command commenced an investigation under Strike Force Wesson.

As part of their inquiries, the 28-year-old man was charged with murder on Thursday 4 April 2019. He remains before the courts.

Following further inquiries, Strike Force Wesson detectives, with assistance from tactical operatives, arrested a 27-year-old man at a home in Guildford about 6am today (Wednesday 21 August 2019).

He was taken to Granville Police Station and charged with murder, shoot at with intent to murder, and special aggravated break and enter and commit serious indictable offence.

Police will allege in court that the man was involved in planning and supplying a firearm used in the murder.

The Guildford man was refused bail to appear at Fairfield Local Court today.

Investigations under Strike Force Wesson continue.

Anyone with information that may assist Strike Force Wesson detectives is urged to contact Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000 or Information is treated in strict confidence.

/Public Release. The material in this public release comes from the originating organization and may be of a point-in-time nature, edited for clarity, style and length. View in full here.