Celebrating its 18th year, entries for the prestigious Sport Australia Media Awards are now open.
The Sport Australia Media Awards recognise excellence in Australian sports journalism, broadcasting, production and photography.
Every year hundreds of entries are received from around the country, with 13 diverse award categories available for nomination in 2019.
Enter online at sportausmediaawards.awardsplatform.com
Sport Australia CEO Kate Palmer said: “The Sport Australia Media Awards acknowledge the important role of Australia’s media industry in telling sport’s most unique, influential and inspirational stories.
“We have designed these awards to represent the breadth of Australian sports media, covering every platform across national and local markets.”
Nominations open today and close Monday 21 October 2019.
Finalists in the 2019 Sport Australia Media Awards will be notified by early December and invited to a gala dinner and ceremony in Sydney on Thursday 13 February 2020.
The ceremony will also honour a new Lifetime Achievement Award for Sports Journalism recipient – last year awarded to iconic broadcaster Dennis Cometti AM.
All entries must have been published during the qualifying period, from 19 October 2018 to 18 October 2019.
Award categories available for nomination are:
- Best reporting of an issue in sport
- Best sport coverage by an individual – broadcast
- Best sport coverage by an individual – written
- Best sport coverage by an individual – digital
- Best coverage of a sporting event
- Best sport profile – written
- Best sport profile – broadcast
- Best analysis of sport business
- Best contribution to sport via digital media
- Best coverage of sport for people with disability
- Best depiction of inclusive sport
- Best regional, rural and suburban sport coverage
- Best sports photography