Department of Customer Service
People who have lost important identity and business documents in the NSW bushfires should call or visit a Service NSW Centre for help to replace the paperwork for free.
Staff are at the ready to help customers apply for lost or destroyed documents including:
• Free replacement of birth, marriage and change of name certificates from the NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages. The registry will coordinate the replacement documents on a customers’ behalf, regardless of which state or territory in Australia, or New Zealand, they were born, married or changed their name.
• Free replacement Transport for NSW products including driver licences, photo cards and boat licences.
• Simplified proof of identity where customers no longer have all their identity documents.
• Free replacement Fair Trading licences including those for contractors, the motor vehicle industry and the property licencing industry.
• Free Owner Builder permits for customers who need to rebuild or repair their home due fire damage.
• In some instances, Revenue NSW may also refund stamp duty paid on replacement vehicles that were written off due to the fires.
Operating hours may be temporarily reduced at some centres due to power outages in the South Coast area.
Eden, Narooma and Tumbarumba Service NSW Centres will be closed on Tuesday 7 January due to the bushfires.
Batemans Bay: One of our Mobile Service Centres will be based in the Service Centre car park at Shop 1, 341 Orient Street to help residents during power outages.
The Service NSW Contact Centre on 13 77 88 is open weekdays from 7am to 7pm.
There is also a dedicated page on the Service NSW website with links to various information and support services.