Low lying properties Taree Estate, Dumaresq
Island and Cundletown
Issued: 6.30am Saturday 20th March 2021
Low lying properties Taree CBD Taree Estate, Dumaresq Island and Cundletown:
NSW SES is directing people within Low lying properties Taree CBD Taree Estate, Dumaresq Island and Cundletown to evacuate the high danger area.
The areas affected are:
• Taree Estate
• Dumaresq Island
The roads from these locations may be impacted by floodwater and unsafe to travel on.
Taree Central Business District in the following areas:
• Pulteney Street,
• Eastern end of Victoria Street
• Southern end of Commerce Street
• Properties bounding Chapman Place Car Park
Why we are directing people to evacuate.
Once flood water begins inundating the area road access water, sewerage, power, phones and internet may be lost. If you remain in the area you will be trapped and it may be too dangerous for SES to rescue you.
This is an order to evacuate now. Wherever possible, people should go and stay with family or friends, or make other accommodation arrangements. If you are unable to, an evacuation centre has been set up at the following.
• Taree RSL and Golf Club – 121 Wingham Road, Taree
What we are expecting:
Once floodwater begins inundating the area, road access may be cut. If you remain in the area after this time, you may become trapped and it may be too dangerous for NSW SES to rescue you.
What you need to do:
Low lying properties
• Lift possessions and important items above the predicted flood height
• Take pets, essential items, warm clothes, medicines, insurance documents and valuables with you.
• Leave as early as possible to avoid restricted roads.
• Share this information with family, friends and neighbours and help others where possible.