The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe weather warning for North East Tasmania for heavy rainfall for Friday 20 January. Heavy rainfall may lead to flash flooding in some localised areas.
SES advises that road conditions may be dangerous due to heavy rainfall. Road closures are a possibility, Tasmania Police say.
SES Regional Manager North today said,” Road users are reminded to drive to the conditions. People are particularly reminded not to drive, walk, cycle or swim through flood waters”.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Supervise children closely.
* Check that family and neighbours are aware of warnings.
* Manage pets and livestock.
* Clear drains and gutters on premises prior to severe weather arriving.
* Do not walk, ride or drive through flood waters.
* Be prepared in case of power outages.
* Listen to the ABC radio or check www.ses.tas.gov.au for further advice.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132500.
The post SES issue advice over Heavy Rainfall Forecast for North East Tasmania appeared first on Tasmania Police.