The first session of the Snowy Monaro Youth Skate Park Series gets underway tomorrow at Cooma Skatepark with youth from across the region set for a day of coaching, competition, giveaways and fun.
This free-to-enter grassroots sports competition series is proudly brought to you by Snowy Monaro Regional Council with funding provided by the State Government, making a positive impact and bringing relief to the youth of our region and surrounding areas after the 2019/2020 bushfires.
The Series runs from January through March with events across the region, so if you can’t make tomorrow there’s still time to sign up and get involved – head to https://events.humanitix.com/the-snowy-monaro-skate-park-series to get your tickets.
There’s something for everyone, with the competition taking the following format:
• The Under 12’s will run in a 20min jam format per discipline.
• Judges will give away prizes for the best tricks.
• The best U12 rider per discipline will be invited to the finals in Jindabyne.
• Each rider will get the skate park to themselves for 2 x 45 second runs. There will be 2 runs per athlete (best run counts).
• The competition will be judges on a 0-100.0 judging scale
• The 2 best athletes per division will be invited to the finals in Jindabyne.
Under 12 Jam
17 & Under Female
17 & Under Male