There have been three new cases of COVID-19 today, all reported from a medi-hotel. There have been a total of 624 cases notified in South Australia.
One case is a woman in her 30s who recently returned from overseas and has been in a medi-hotel since her arrival. The other two cases, a man in his 20s and a woman in her 50s, are both considered to have old infections but have been added to our case numbers as they have not been diagnosed and counted overseas.
Testing results last night showed a decrease in levels of COVID-19 traces within our wastewater, however the results are still high. We are taking regular samples to monitor trends, with the two most likely explanations remaining shedding of old cases along with the concentration of visitors in the CBD, or undetected cases within the community.
- Total new cases today – 3
- Total number currently in hospital – 0
- Total cases to date – 624
- Recovered cases – 617
- Deaths – 4
- Tests carried out yesterday – 3,822
- Total tests to date – 1,119,221
- Active cases – 3
- Overseas acquired – 3
- Close contact – 0
- Locally acquired (contact unknown) – 0
- Interstate acquired – 0
SA Health administered vaccinations update
- Vaccinations administered yesterday – 575
- Total vaccinations administered to date – 4,871