There has been one new case of COVID-19 today, reported from a medi-hotel. There have been a total of 613 cases notified in South Australia.
Today’s case is a man in his 40s who has returned from overseas and has been in a medi-hotel since his arrival. The case is considered an old infection but has been added to our numbers as it has not previously been counted overseas.
For the latest updates visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/covidcontacttracing.
- Total new cases today – 1
- Total number currently in hospital – 0
- Total cases to date – 613
- Recovered cases – 605
- Deaths – 4
- Tests carried out yesterday – 4,842
- Total tests to date – 1,078,780
- Active cases – 4
- Overseas acquired – 4
- Close contact – 0
- Locally acquired (contact unknown) – 0
- Interstate acquired – 0
- Vaccinations administered yesterday – 235
- Total vaccinations administered to date – 405
All South Australians who have symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested on the day symptoms appear. Symptoms include:
- Fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- An acute respiratory infection e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste
- Diarrhoea and vomiting