Jeremy Rockliff,Minister for Education and Training
More than 2,500 Tasmanians are set to benefit from the Hodgman majority Liberal Government’s latest $3.7 million investment in training.
Education and skills remain at the heart of this Government’s commitment to deliver on our long term Plan for Tasmania and maintain the momentum of our growing economy.
The most recent Skills Fund will provide $2.1 million in job seeker training in industries including transport and logistics, security, aged services, retail, and agriculture.
It also includes:
- $1.4 million will be invested in training workers in priority industries such as forestry, aquaculture, construction, transport and logistics, civil construction and manufacturing;
- $400,000 for job seeker training in disability services;
- $175,000 for job seekers and volunteer groups in the mental health sector;
This is on top of workforce development investment including:
- $150,000 for the Tasmanian Seafood Industry Council to deliver their Rising with the Tide project; ands
- $115,000 for the West Coast Council to deliver their Regional Development of VET Teaching Capability program.
TasTAFE recently passing its ASQA re-registration audit, with accreditation for seven years confirms the strength of vocational education and training in Tasmania under this Government.
We remain committed to delivering on our strong policies for skills and TAFE in Tasmania.