Shoalhaven City Council wishes to advise that there will be several temporary road closures in place this ANZAC Day, Sunday 25 April 2021, for ANZAC Day services.
Shoalhaven City Council Mayor, Amanda Findley, is pleased restrictions have eased this year, allowing some ANZAC Day community ceremonies and marches to take place following cancellations of ceremonies last year due to COVID-19.
“ANZAC Day provides an important opportunity for the community to remember those who did not return from service, and to contemplate the immeasurable sacrifice of our armed forces who have served or are currently serving”, Clr Findley said.
“After the disappointment experienced last year, I am pleased the community has the opportunity to once again come together to commemorate the sacrifices made by past and present servicemen and women”, Clr Findley stated.
COVID-19 safe measures will be in place at each event.
The following temporary road closures will be in effect on Sunday 25 April 2021:
1. Berry – Road closure Alexandra Street at intersections with Victoria Street and Station Road 10.00am. The march which will commence outside the RSL Hall and will be restricted to uniformed ADF, veterans wreath layers and Red Cross. Entry to area will be via footpaths either side of Alexandra Street and Station Road.
2. Bomaderry – Memorial Dawn Service in Walsh Memorial Park, Meroo Street commencing at 5:45am. There will be no main Service this year due to COVID-19.
3. Culburra Beach – No road closures. There is no march, however Service for Returned and Services League members and invited guests will be taking place at the War Memorial adjacent to the Culburra Community Centre commencing at 12:00pm. Seating provided for members and guests. Public welcome with the observation of COVID-19 restrictions.
4. Greenwell Point – No road closures. Dawn Service for Returned and Services League members and invited guests will be taking place at ANZAC Park beginning at 5:45am.
5. Huskisson – Assemble in Hawke Street adjacent to White Sands Park at 10.15am. The March will commence at 10.30am via Hawke, Owen and Currambene Streets to Voyager Park for a Service at 11.00am.
6. Kangaroo Valley – There will be no march, however the Service will commence at 10:00am approx. and conclude 10:40am approx. Wreaths can be laid from 9:30am-10:00am. Moss Vale Road will be closed from either direction before and after the Memorial precinct from 9:30am to 11:30am.
7. Milton Ulladulla – 10.30am March & 11:00am Service at front garden.
ANZAC Service will begin at 11:00am on the front lawn and Memorial Gardens of the Club. There will be a short march within the ExServos grounds for current and Ex Serviceman only, starting at 10.30am with the service to follow at 11:00am.
This event is limited to 1000 people in the area and everyone wishing to attend will need to register with Sticky Tickets and download and bring their ticket with them. Tickets can be accessed at the Milton Ulladulla Ex Servos Club website. For assistance, contact club reception.
As such there will be no Dawn Service, Service or March at Milton this year, however we do encourage anyone who is keen to ‘Light Up the Dawn’ at the end of your driveway at 6:00am.
8. Nowra – Road closed in the immediate vicinity of the Memorial Gates at Nowra Showground, along West Street & Junction Street from 10:00am to 12:00pm. No commemorative service is being held. Returned and Services League members and guests will be laying wreaths at 11:00am accompanied by a piper from the Shoalhaven City Pipes and Drums.
9. Shoalhaven Heads – Confirmed Dawn Service at the Cenotaph. The RSL Park will be roped off with only two entrances, one on Shoalhaven Heads Road and one on David Berry Street, which will open at 5.30am to sign in and the Dawn Service will start at 6:00am. Please enter through the designated entrances. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, there will not be a march.
10. St Georges Basin – Due to COVID-19 restrictions, there will be no Service or March.
11. Sussex Inlet – Sussex Inlet RSL ANZAC Day Dawn Service to be held at the Sussex Inlet RSL War Memorial on Jacobs Drive Sussex Inlet. The Service is to commence at 6:00am and conclude at 6:30am. There will be no March or Morning Service this year due to COVID-19 restrictions on public gatherings, and attendance at the Dawn Service is by invitation only.