The littlest learners of Seymour can now attend three-year-old kindergarten in their home town, with the program being offered at the new Seymour Family and Children’s Centre from next year.
Previously, the children of Seymour needed to travel to neighbouring towns to access three-year-old kindergarten.
With a brand new facility opening next year, Mitchell Shire Council is pleased to be able to offer the program in Seymour from 2020.
Kindergarten places for next year are filling quickly, with round one offers (those applications that were received by 1 June) having already been sent out to families.
If you have a child that’s ready for four-year-old or three-year-old kindergarten next year and you have not yet applied, there are still some places available. Parents and guardians are encouraged to get in quick to secure a 2020 kindergarten place for their child.
To attend four-year-old kindergarten next year, children must be four years of age before 30 April 2020. Children must have turned three years old before starting three-year-old kindergarten.
Mitchell Shire Council is now taking enrolments for eight sessional kindergartens in Mitchell Shire in 2020 and one in Flowerdale:
- Greater Beveridge Community Centre (corner Lithgow Street and Mandalay Circuit, Beveridge)
- Mt Piper Kindergarten (150 High Street, Broadford).
- Marie Williams Kindergarten (3 White Street, Kilmore).
- Pyalong Kindergarten (High Street, Pyalong).
- Seymour Kindergarten (new location at 29 Stewart Street, Seymour).
- Wandong Kindergarten (Dry Creek Crescent, Wandong).
- Wallan Kindergarten (Bentinck Street, Wallan).
- Creating Futures Children’s Program (Wallan Family and Children’s Centre, corner of Stanley and Queen streets, Wallan).
- Flowerdale Kindergarten (3377 Whittlesea-Yea Road, Flowerdale).
Kindergarten services are subsidised by the Department of Education and Training and Mitchell Shire Council. The subsidy does not fully cover operational costs, so some kindergarten fees are charged.
To apply for a 2020 kindergarten place, fill out the form online visit this page