Council is monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation which is evolving daily. Council will continue to follow the advice of the NSW and Federal Governments.
Council’s Coronavirus Community Update webpage
www.yourhawkesbury-yoursay.com.au/Covid19 provides local information for our community about Coronavirus (COVID-19).
In order to try to protect our community, the following Council facilities are closed until further notice:
- Hawkesbury City Waste Management Facility
- Hawkesbury Companion Animal Shelter – by appointment only; closed Good Friday, 10 April 2020 through to Easter Monday, 13 April 2020
- Hawkesbury Community Nursery
- Hawkesbury Sports Council
- Playgrounds and play equipment
- Skate parks
- BBQ facilities
- Outdoor gym equipment
- All tennis courts
- All community centres
- Council’s Administration Building
- Hawkesbury Central Library
- Richmond Branch Library
- Hawkesbury Regional Museum
- Hawkesbury Regional Gallery
- Richmond Swimming Centre
- Oasis Aquatic and Leisure Centre, South Windsor
- Hawkesbury Indoor Stadium
- Upper Colo Reserve.
Services and facilities operating as usual:
- All waste collections – domestic, recycling and green waste
- Kerbside collection
- Council meetings
- Customer Service contact via telephone, email and Facebook (closed for in person contact)
- Visitor Information Centre contact via telephone, email and Facebook (closed for in person contact)
- Council operated ferries
- Initial documentation for Development Applications may be dropped off for review at the front of Council’s Administration Building in the mailbox at 366 George Street, Windsor.
- Call your local community centre to determine services available. Use the link for the phone number of your service www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au/services/other-key-services/community-directory
Library members are encouraged to use the wide range of online resources including eBooks, eMagazines, eAudio, children’s games and activities at https://www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au/library/elibrary
New library memberships – join online and call the Library to complete your membership – you will be issued with an online only membership, which can be upgraded to a full membership upon showing ID when Hawkesbury Library Service reopens.
Council encourages everyone to use its online services at www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au