CFA brigades and groups will share $10 million for projects as part of the Volunteer Emergency Services Equipment Program (VESEP)
The 2019-20 VESEP will see the total funding package of $13.7 million provided to local emergency services volunteer groups for operational equipment, vehicles, trucks, tankers, watercraft, trailers and minor facility improvements.
Under VESEP the Government contributes $2 for every $1 contributed by volunteers from organisations such as the Australian Volunteer Coast Guard Association, CFA, Life Saving Victoria, VICSES, or any eligible volunteer emergency services groups.
Of the 180 successful CFA grant applications, 43 are replacing or upgrading firefighting and specialist vehicles, 33 volunteer amenities improvements, 63 equipment and 41 minor works projects.
This includes two standard build rehabilitation units to support firefighter health and wellbeing.
The funding also includes $2.4 million of statewide initiatives for brigades and groups that include: –
- Road Crash Rescue Equipment for volunteer pumpers
- Retrofit Kits for Quenchmaster loss of prime on tankers
- Cool Climate Jackets
- Retrofit non slip steps to tankers.
- Big Fill Single Axle Trailer Pumps
- Crew Spray Protection Prototype development for Ultra-Light Tankers.
- Personal Protective Clothing for chainsaw operations – Phase 1
Successful grant applicants will be forwarded correspondence in the coming week with instructions on what to do next..
The approved grant recipients can be viewed on Members Online