COVID-19 restrictions at Stage 2 for most of the state
8 July 2021
On the advice of Queensland Health, we have recommenced personal visits at Lotus Glen and Capricornia correctional centres.
Due to the ongoing risk of transmission in the community, other centres in Queensland will move to Stage 2 restrictions.
This means that cultural, official legal and visits from elders can recommence at the following centres:
- Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre
- Borallon Training and Correctional Centre
- Brisbane Correctional Centre
- Brisbane Women’s Correctional Centre
- Helana Jones Centre
- Maryborough Correctional Centre
- Numinbah Correctional Centre
- Palen Creek Correctional Centre
- Southern Queensland Correctional Centre
- Townsville Correctional Centre
- Wolston Correctional Centre
- Woodford Correctional Centre
Under Stage 2 restrictions, personal visits are unable to occur.. Virtual Personal Visits can still be booked as normal.
Community Corrections will move to Stage 2 restrictions in Townsville District and also Hervey Bay District Office south to the border and west to Ipswich District Office. All other Community Corrections offices will move to Stage 1 restrictions.
Anyone entering a correctional centre will continue to undergo health screening and temperature checks. For the safety of our officers and the prisoners in our care, please do not come for a visit if you are unwell or showing any COVID-19 symptoms, even if they are minor (please self-isolate and get tested immediately).