The Royal Commission into National Natural Disaster Arrangements’ first hearings continue tomorrow, Tuesday 26 May 2020.
The Commission will explore insights into the devastating impact of the 2019-20 bushfires on people and communities.
The following witnesses are expected to give evidence;
- Professor Lisa Gibbs, University of Melbourne
- Associate Professor Fay Johnston, Menzies Institute for Medical Research,
- University of Tasmania
- Dr Penelope Burns, General Practitioner
- John Price, Australian Financial Complaints Authority
- Kate Carnell AO, Australian Small Business and Family Enterprises Ombudsman.
- Noel Clement, Australian Red Cross
The Commissioners will also receive pre-recorded direct accounts from Mallacoota locals Tim Cashmore, Principal of Mallacoota P-12 College; and Kirsty Hargreaves, Mallacoota Real Estate.