The seven winners of the prestigious Work Health and Safety Excellence Awards 2021 were announced at Optus Stadium this morning.
The winners are:
- Work Health and Safety Invention of the Year – BHP in partnership with Ausdrill, Autorun and Sitech for development of an automated sampling rock commander that streamlines the drilling process and eliminates worker exposure to weather, dust, noise, uneven terrain and manual handling hazards.
- Best Solution to a Work Health and Safety Risk (199 employees or less) – AMCAP Distribution Centre for safer delivery of maintenance parts through integrated kitting solutions.
- Best Solution to a Work Health and Safety Risk (200 employees or more) – Metso Outotec for an erectable work platform with dedicated ladder access, reducing the risk of falls when accessing the mill.
- Best Workplace Health and Wellbeing Initiative – AECOM Australia Pty Ltd for implementation of a proactive approach to wellbeing to minimise psychosocial risks in the workplace.
- Leadership Excellence Award – Chandler Macleod for its project “We are all safety leaders: Merger of two historic Australian recruitment organisations” that shifted its approach to safety.
- Safety and Health Representatives of the Year – Bruce Atkinson from Department of Education and Naomi Elbrow from Woodside Energy Ltd for improving OSH at their workplaces and demonstrating the benefits of safety and health representatives for all workplaces.
As stated by Industrial Relations Minister Stephen Dawson:
“These prestigious Awards recognise outstanding occupational safety and health management, solutions and innovations in workplaces across both resources and general industries.”
“This year’s entrants have come from a diverse range of industries and from businesses of all sizes, and all finalists have set the standard to which everyone else can now strive.
“My sincere congratulations to all the Award winners on your commitment to the safety and health of all Western Australian workers.”