Organisations can submit an express an interest with their ideas for innovative aerospace design and manufacture.
There is up to £150 million available across the year in a series of regular calls. The best applications will then be invited to apply for grant funding.
The investment is part of a £3.9 billion programme between government and industry that aims to maintain and grow the UK’s leading position in civil aerospace.
Innovate UK works with the Aerospace Technology Institute (ATI) and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy to coordinate and manage the programme.
A more competitive aerospace industry
Funding in this competition is for industry-led research or capital investment projects.
Projects should look to:
- strengthen whole-aircraft design and system integration in the UK
- build smart, connected technologies and more electrified aircraft
- develop the UK as a global leader in large, complex aviation structures, especially wings
- develop new propulsion technologies, for example, large turbofans
Businesses need to align their projects with the aerospace technology strategy.
- the competition opens on 7 January 2019, and the deadline for expressions of interest is at midday on 23 January 2019
- depending on the project type, UK-based business, research and technology organisations and academic organisations can be the lead
- businesses could attract up to 70% of their eligible project costs
- applicants must sign up to the ATI framework agreement
- projects need to demonstrate that their expected costs and timescales are in proportion with their objectives