Your Greens Senators pushed the Government hard during recent Senate Estimates hearings. Here’s ten things we uncovered:
- According to the Liberals, for profit schools = bad, for profit preschool & TAFE = fine
- Taxpayer money was invested in Adani-backed Myanmar coup
- If you want a visa to Australia, be a sports star or a billionaire
- The AFP doesn’t know if they’re training human rights abusers
- Government doesn’t care about possible conflicts of interest
- First Nations wishes on water buybacks are being ignored
- Reuning children with families is not a priority
- There’s little care for people stuck in lockdown living paycheck to paycheck
- AFP can’t confirm number of sexual assault allegations relating to Parliament
- No plan to follow international advice to phase out coal, oil and gas
We’ll keep asking the questions and fighting for answers.
Source: Senate Estimates 24 May – 3 June 2021
/Public Release. This material comes from the originating organization/author(s)and may be of a point-in-time nature, edited for clarity, style and length. The views and opinions expressed are those of the author(s).View in full here.