Council’s Parks and Gardens Team will be whizzing around in a brand- new, bright green, fully electric commercial ride-on lawn mower.
Camden Council is one of the first local government organisations in greater Sydney to introduce an electric commercial lawn mower in its fleet.
Mayor of Camden, Cr Therese Fedeli, said she was excited for Council’s newest fleet vehicle.
“I am so proud to be leading the way for local government organisations by adding an electric lawn mower to our fleet,” Cr Fedeli said.
“Electric mowers are a much better alternative to the traditional petrol-powered versions for our environment. They are quieter and cleaner and don’t use any fossil fuels such as hydraulics or oils.
“This mower will not produce any emissions during operation.”
The lawn mower has seven to eight hours of continuous run time and will charge overnight at Council’s Depot.
In addition to introducing an electric lawn mower to the fleet, Council is also undertaking a range of projects to help achieve Gold Partner recognition in the Sustainability Advantage Program and show our commitment to the NSW Governments ‘Net Zero’ plan including:
- Installation of solar panels on suitable Council facilities;
- Roll out of energy efficient street lighting in partnership with Endeavour Energy;
- Undertake and inventory of greenhouse gas emissions and develop a Net Zero Strategy;
- Sourcing renewable energy for Council sites; and
- Installing 4 new electric vehicle charging stations at locations across the Camden area.
For more information on Council’s sustainability efforts, visit https://bit.ly/sustainable-council