Candidates who are considering nominating for the 4 September local government elections are encouraged to register for the upcoming Candidate Briefing Session to be held on Wednesday 16th June 2021 at 5pm.
If you are considering nominating for the upcoming election you can register to attend this session at https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/2021-local-government-election-candidate-information-session-tickets-153752689433.
The candidate briefing session will be conducted by experienced Local Government NSW facilitator, Maire Sheehan, and will provide an opportunity for potential candidates to:
- Identify the key requirements of becoming a candidate for election;
- Understand the Councillor role and how this fits in with other roles and levels of government;
- Address key expectations and potential challenges in becoming a Councillor;
- Know how the Councillor role fits in with Integrated Planning and Reporting;
- Understand key elements of Council meetings, including code of conduct and conflict of interest.