Inner West Council is hosting the 2021 Inner West Seniors Festival, Tuesday 13 – Saturday 24 April.
The festival recognises the important role seniors play in society as well as the contributions they make. This year’s theme is ‘In our nature’.
View the full program at www.innerwest.nsw.gov.au/SeniorsFestival or contact the Healthy Ageing team 9392 5863
Bookings are essential due to COVID-19 and places are limited.
• Connected Seniors art exhibition, Leichhardt Library, 10 – Wednesday 28 April, Monday to Thursday, 9am – 7.30pm, Friday, 9am – 5.30pm, Saturday – Sunday, 10am – 5pm. No bookings required
• The Time of Our Lives with Robert Dessaix podcast, online until Tuesday 13 April, 11am – 11.30am, listen to the podcast
• Zumba Gold Tuesdays in Marrickville, 1.30pm – 2.30pm and Wednesdays in Ashfield, 9.30am – 10.30am. Lower intensity exercise to Latin styles of music and dance designed for older adults and people not used to exercising or limited physically, Herb Greedy Hall Marrickville, Tuesdays. Bookings essential
• Low cost and low impact drop in activities:
o Badminton or Tai Chi at PCYC Marrickville, Wednesdays, 10.30am – 2.30pm. Book by calling 9559 7722
o Gentle exercise for seniors at PCYC Marrickville, Fridays, 9.30am – 10.30am. Book by calling 9559 7722 or just drop in
o Table Tennis at PCYC Marrickville, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11am – 2pm. Book by calling 9559 7722 or just drop in
• Intergenerational Table Tennis, PCYC Marrickville, Tuesday 13 April, 10am – 3pm. Book by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9559 7722
• Have – A – Crack Croquet, Cooks River Croquet Club, Wednesday 14 April, 10am – 12 midday. BYO flat shoes and a hat. Call Robert Elliott 0477 292 578
• Multicultural festival – Our time, Our stories, Wednesday 14 April, 10.30am – 2pm. Book by calling Rosie Pham on 8507 2027 or 8507 2028 or Susan Chen on 0470 593 207 or email Admin.email@example.com
• The Women’s Circle – Tales of Ageing & Culture, Boomalli Aboriginal Artists Co-operative, Thursday 15 April, 10.30am – 12.30pm. Bookings essential
• Free fitness classes at Ashfield Aquatic Centre, Tuesday 13 – Friday 23 April. View the timetable of free classes here