Geneva – The International Air Transport Association (IATA) is celebrating 75 years of airlines working together through IATA by offering some of its most popular training courses for a special offer of $75.
“A crisis is no time for celebration. But it is a time for rebuilding and looking ahead. That is why IATA is proud to mark our 75th anniversary by saluting the men and women of aviation with a very special offer on training. As the industry sits mostly idle at the moment, this is a meaningful—and hopefully affordable—way for aviation employees to prepare for a return to business that will be stronger than ever,” said Stéphanie Siouffi, IATA’s Director of Training.
This initiative follows on the offer of 5,000 free training courses as part of a #WeAreAviation campaign made earlier this month. “We were humbled by the response. In just two days, we received 15,000 requests for these free IATA training courses—three times what we had planned for. This inspired us to immediately look for even more ways to make our training offering as affordable as possible to help our aviation colleagues in these very challenging times,” said Siouffi.
IATA was founded in Havana, Cuba, on 19 April 1945. It is the prime vehicle for inter-airline cooperation in promoting safe, reliable, secure and economical air services – for the benefit of the world’s consumers. At its founding, IATA had 57 members from 31 nations, mostly in Europe and North America. Today it has some 290 members from 120 nations in every part of the globe.
The courses being offered for this one-time special price are:
- Aviation Law – Fundamentals
- Basic Airside Safety
- BSP Essentials for Travel Agents
- BSP Standard Documents and Procedures
- Destination Geography
- Distribution and Airline Retailing with NDC
- Geography in Travel Planning
- Human Trafficking Awareness
- Introduction to BSPlink
- ISAGO Auditor CBT – Aircraft Ground Movement (AGM)
- ISAGO Auditor CBT – Aircraft Handling and Loading (HDL)
- ISAGO Auditor CBT – Cargo and Mail Handling (CGM)
- ISAGO Auditor CBT – Load Control (LOD)
- ISAGO Auditor CBT – Passenger and Baggage Handling (PAB)
- Overview of the Air Transportation System
- Travel Agency Fees: A Professional Approach
This special price represents a discount ranging from 20% to 70% from the regularly listed cost of these courses and is available for a two-week period, beginning 27 April 2020.