Roger Jaensch,Minister for Housing
The Hodgman majority Liberal Government is delivering on its commitment to increase the supply of affordable and social housing, with our Affordable Housing Action Plan 2 on track to meet all targets.
The Tasmanian Government’s Affordable Action Plan 2019-2023 is a multi-faceted approach to tackle housing stress and homelessness around the state.
The first quarter reports that 142 households were assisted, which means a total of 1747 households have now been assisted through Action Plan 1 and 2, including the new supply of 1050 affordable land lots and homes since we launched the Affordable Housing Strategy in 2015.
These figures show that we have hit the ground running for our Affordable Housing Action Plan 2 and we have a strong pipeline of work with over 100 houses currently under construction.
Assistance during this quarter included:
- 16 households into affordable home ownership;
- 45 new social housing dwellings have been constructed;
- 18 households assisted in escaping family violence;
- 9 backyard units to support young people to remain at home;
- 44 households into affordable private rentals; and
- 14 new units of homeless accommodation have been provided.