The City of Casey’s Minor Capital Works at Community Facilities Program aims to ensure the enhancement and ongoing development of high quality, accessible facilities for clubs, community groups and the broader community, for the community’s benefit. The 2021/22 program is set to begin accepting applications from community groups and organisations from 8 March to 16 April 2021.
The grants are applicable to groups seeking funds to improve a community facility that either sits on council-owned or operated land or where access to the broader community is ensured.
We provide funding of up to $50,000 per project or $75,000 in total for a maximum of three projects, with community groups required to contribute 15 per cent of the project cost for projects up to $30,000 or 20 per cent of the cost for projects totalling more than $30,000.
- Air conditioning
- Asphalt driveways and paths
- Automatic opening doors
- BBQs and pergola roofing
- Coaches boxes
- Concrete paths, viewing areas, ramps and floors
- Cricket pitches and practice areas
- Cricket nets, and pitch resurfacing
- Drainage improvements (such as spoon drains)
- Ground and tennis court fencing
- Landscaping, bollards, goal posts and picnic tables
- Playgrounds and rubber rock resurfacing under playgrounds
- Replace carpets
- Security systems, light switches, surge protectors
- Shade sails
- Small building modifications
- Tennis and netball court resurfacing and lighting
- Upgrade or replace existing scoreboards
Applications close on 16 April 2021 and can be submitted via our website. Assistance is available from our Capital Works Team in making an online submission.