Lithgow City Council is calling for financial assistance applications from not-for-profit organisations to undertake local community projects and activities.
“Not for profit organisations are a vital part of our community and Council is excited to support a range of new and projects,” said the Mayor Ray Thompson. “The Financial Assistance Program offers grants of generally up to $3,000 to community organisations to help them with local projects and activities that demonstrate a broad community benefit.”
Examples of Financial Assistance requests that Council may assist with include:
- Projects that empower young people and vulnerable community members.
- Programs that retain, respect and strengthen our community and support the unique needs of various groups across the LGA.
- Initiatives that celebrate and empower our multicultural community and our First Nations people.
- Programs that focus on promoting positive health, including mental health, and wellbeing at all stages of life.
- Events or initiatives that support and celebrate the cultural and creative richness of our community.
- Projects that balance, protect and enhance our diverse environment, both natural and built.
“Each year Council allocates funding to a number of worthwhile community groups so I would like to remind organisations that applications for Round 1 close on 30 April 2021,” concluded the Mayor.
All requests for Financial Assistance must be on the official Financial Assistance Application Form. Application forms and guidelines can be obtained by visiting Council’s website at https://council.lithgow.com/financial-assistance/. Funding will be available from the beginning of July 2020.