The TRAIL program takes emerging leaders aged 25-39 years from different sectors, locations and cultural backgrounds on a seven-day challenge-based program to expand their leadership skills.
- Goat industry stakeholders aged 25–39 years are encouraged to apply for the TRAIL emerging leaders program supported by MLA and GICA.
- The scholarship is valued at $10,450 per position.
- The Australian rural leadership foundation program takes emerging leaders from on a seven-day challenge-based program to expand their leadership skills.
Applications are now open for the TRAIL emerging leaders program to run in Canberra from 28 October to 3 November 2021, sponsored by MLA and GICA.
Goat industry stakeholders are encouraged to apply for the scholarship, with successful applicants sponsored to attend the TRAIL leadership program each year. Each scholarship is valued at $10,450 per position.
This Australian rural leadership foundation program, now in its tenth year, takes emerging leaders aged 25–39 years from different sectors, locations and cultural backgrounds on a seven-day challenge-based program to expand their leadership skills.
Applying a holistic approach to leadership development, the program encompasses a four-day outdoor leadership experience in the mountains outside Canberra, numerous workshops, panel sessions, and seminars to build and develop leadership capability.
- explore adaptive strategies to address complex issues and situations
- increase awareness of the six ARLF leadership practices
- develop an understanding of how behaviour impacts on relationships with others
- build peer networks for future collaboration and support.
The TRAIL program has developed 141 emerging leaders over 10 years and has two intakes per year in March and October with numbers limited to 14–16 participants per program. All graduates join a network of over 1,700 ARLF alumni across the country.
Key dates and locations
Applications open: 30 June 2021
Applications close: 31 July 2021
TRAIL program dates: 28 October to 3 November 2021
Location: Canberra ACT and surrounding region
Applicants must demonstrate they are an emerging rural leader and demonstrate their desire to increase their leadership knowledge.
Applicants must also indicate how they intend to use their increased leadership knowledge for betterment of their industry and/or employer.
How to apply
To register your interest in applying for this industry sponsored position, email you application including all requirements below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be required to submit the following:
- A copy of your resume (PDF accepted only). Remember to include any awards, workshops or programs you have participated in (participating in these is not a requirement, however, professional development experiences will be looked upon favourably).
- Answer three questions:
- Why do you wish to participate in the TRAIL program?
- How will the opportunity to do so, help you develop as an emerging leader in your sector?
- How do you plan to use the skills acquired in TRAIL to benefit the goat industry?
- Upload a headshot of yourself for promotional purposes if you are awarded a scholarship.
This industry funded scholarship is proudly supported by MLA.