Media release 14 January 2020
AVJennings has been saddened by the recent bushfire crisis in so many parts of Australia. We feel for all those impacted. We recognise that many people have been affected and, unfortunately, it is likely that things will not improve in the short term. We also recognise the recovery will be long and challenging.
In response, AVJennings wants to make a real difference to those affected by this devastation as well as work with others to minimise the chance and impact in the future. As such, we have decided to:
Pledge $1 million through:
• a $250,000 immediate donation to the Red Cross;
• establish the AVJennings Community Grants Fund, with an initial commitment of $750,000 for the first 3 years; and
• Establish a Workplace Volunteering program whereby AVJennings’ staff will be offered paid leave to undertake work in the community linked to the bushfire crisis and associated community initiatives.
The initial $250,000 donation recognises the impact of the current bushfire crisis and the need for an immediate community response. The establishment of the AVJennings Bushfire Relief and Community Grants Fund and the Workplace Volunteering Program aim to provide medium and long-term ongoing support.
• support for wildlife organisations in their efforts to rescue and care for wildlife;
• communities impacted by the bushfires; and
• initiatives related to reducing the likelihood or impact of future bushfires, including research initiatives.